How to Make an Embossed Velvet Poinsettia Garland
Make your own garland this holiday season. Follow these instructions by Mary O'Neil on how to make an embossed velvet poinsettia garland to decorate your home for the holidays.
Filed under: Christmas Crafts, Christmas Decorating, Holiday Crafts, Holiday Decorating, Christmas, Crafts
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
1/2 yard burgundy acetate rayon velvet
Steam a Seam fusible web
good cutting scissors
Hot Potatoes poinsettia stamp
mist bottle with water
2" wide matching burgundy velvet ribbon
smaller decorative ribbon
1. Turn iron to cotton setting. Lightly mist wrong side of velvet with water. Lay right side facing down on stop of stamp with the rubber image facing up (figure A).
2. Place the fusible web on top of the wrong side of the velvet. Remove one sheet of paper backing (on the side closest to the velvet) and leave one sheet on the side next to the iron (figure B).
3. Place the hot iron on the velvet with the stamp under it (figure C). Hold with pressure for 10 to 30 seconds.
4. Move the stamp and paper around and repeat until you have 10 to 12 poinsettias stamped (figure D).
5. Cut out each poinsettia with scissors. This is the most time consuming part of the project.
6. Remove the protective paper backing and lay that same surface facing up. Put card stock over this and iron to attach card stock to the velvet (figure E).
9. Use small pieces of the decorative ribbon to attach each poinsettia to the garland velvet ribbon, spacing them in an attractive manner (figure H).
Create handmade velvet ornaments for your holiday decorations. Follow these instructions by Mary O'Neil.
Both easy and fun, this stocking has the brilliant sparkle of metallic gold lame' fabric. The fabric adds an unexpected bit of...
Melt wax, add color and collage items to create this colorful painting.Advertisement
HGTV Inspiration Newsletter