Add pizzazz to a plain felt Christmas stocking by hot gluing on a few embellishments.
Filed under: Christmas Crafts, Christmas Decorating, Holiday Crafts, Holiday Decorating, Christmas
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
plain felt stocking
miniature Christmas balls
thin gauge red wire
small jingle bells
hot glue gun and glue sticks
white faux fur trim (available at fabric store)
sparkly metallic wired trim
1. Hot glue faux fur strip under white felt band on stocking. Make sure the seam of the white fur is on the stocking back, trim off any excess.
2. Using thin gauge wire, wire six mini Christmas balls together by running wire through each ornament's cap. As you wire the ornaments together, arrange them in a rosette or flower shape.
3. Form a second, larger rosette with the sparkly metallic wired trim by looping the trim repeatedly to form the rosette's "petals" and securing the loops by wrapping the tail end of the wired trim around the rosette's center.
4. Hot glue metallic trim rosette to the stocking under the fur trim. Next, center and hot glue Christmas ball rosette on top of metallic trim rosette.
5. Arrange small jingle bells on white felt band to spell out stocking recipient's name or initials. Tip: Lightly pencil on the letters to help with spacing. Once you're satisfied with the letter's placement, hot glue the jingle bells onto stocking. Allow glue to dry and hang stocking on mantel or fill with holiday goodies and give personalized stocking as a gift.
See how to incorporate Asian flair into this holiday season. Click for step-by-step instructions for an Asian-inspired ribbon box.Advertisement
HGTV Inspiration Newsletter