How to Make Crocheted Icicles
Use these crochet icicles as ornaments or just holiday decorations around your house. Follow these instructions by Taryn Christmas to make your own.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
white yarn and thread *
assorted crochet hooks
faceted crystal beads **
12"-18" ribbon each
* Any type of yarn or thread will work for this project. The icicle will use between 7 and 15 yards of yarn, depending on size (7 yards for the smaller threads, 15 yards for worsted weight yarn). See below for a list of the yarns used in the samples shown.
** About 70 4mm or 90 6mm for small and large beaded icicles, respectively.
Yarns Taryn used for her icicles, shown in the photo:
Aunt Lydia's Classic Crochet Thread size 10
Aunt Lydia's Fashion Crochet Thread size 3
Moda Dea Tutu
Lion Brand Fun Fur
Lion Brand Wool-Ease
Yarn Bee Highland Thistle (only available at Hobby Lobby or their website at www.craftsetc.com)
1. Use the hook indicated on the yarn label or your preferred hook size for the yarn you are using.
2. Row 1: Ch. 25 (longer if you want a longer icicle).
3. Row 2: 3 dc in 3rd stitch from hook, 4 dc in each stitch until the end of chain.
4. Tie a knot at the top of the icicle using 2 yarn tails. Weave in ends.
5. Thread the ribbon on the tapestry needle and insert through the top of the icicle. Tie a bow and enjoy!
Print photos onto fabric with transfer paper and attach angel wings to create this adorable handmade book.
This elegant ornament is suprisingly made of plastic straws. Learn how to create your own ornament with these instructions from...