Create a Cone-Shaped Stocking
Follow these steps to make your own no-sew Victorian-inspired cone-shaped stocking to hold Christmas goodies.
Filed under: Christmas Crafts, Christmas Decorating, Holiday Crafts, Holiday Decorating, Christmas, Crafts
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
1/2-yard of patterned brown dupioni silk for main stocking
1/4-yard copper dupioni silk for top band
1 yard beaded trim
1 yard feather trim
iron-on no-sew tape
iron and ironing board
1. Cut fabric into 10-inch cone shape. The easiest way to do this is to simply fold the fabric's corner in half and cut out.
2. Fold the fabric in half and pin the open side together. Make sure that you like the size of the stocking and shape of the cone, if not, make changes to refine the size or shape.
3. Cut a 10-inch long piece of copper dupioni silk. To create a finished look, fold rough edges of the silk to the middle and place no-sew tape in each corner. Iron fabric, ensuring that none of the no-sew tape is visible and fabric edges are straight.
4. Take the pins out of the chocolate silk cone-shaped fabric and lay flat. Attach copper silk band to the top of chocolate silk with no-sew tape and iron.
5. Attach feather trim to the top of the copper silk with no-sew tape and iron. Then, iron beaded trim on top of feather trim.
Follow these steps to easily create a festive felt stocking to hold your cat's Christmas gifts.Advertisement
HGTV Inspiration Newsletter