Create Autumn Leaf Place Cards
Bring the riotous color of fall leaves to your holiday dining table.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Mother Nature puts on quite a show each fall with the changing of the leaves. Glorious in shades of red, gold, orange and even plum, fall leaves are a beautiful and colorful way to bring autumn indoors and display as an inexpensive table setting.
Materials and Tools:
4" ceramic pots
silk or natural fall leaves
permanent marker or paint pen
1/8" wooden dowels, cut in 6" sections
grapes or berries or nuts
gold spray paint
hot glue gun and sticks
1. Paint the ceramic pots and wooden dowels gold with spray paint.
2. Insert a small cube of florist foam into each of the ceramic pots, secure it to the bottom of the pot with a bit of hot glue.
3. Cover any visible foam with Spanish moss.
4. Sharpen the tip of the dowel with a pencil sharpener and insert a dowel into the center of each pot.
5. Using a permanent marker or paint pen, write a guest's name onto each of the leaves.
6. Tie leaves onto dowels with ribbon.
7. Finish by piling grapes, berries or nuts around base of each dowel and display your finished place cards on table.
Coat silk leaves in budget-friendly plaster of Paris to create sleek napkin rings and place cards for your Thanksgiving table.
No centerpiece necessary; add seasonal color to your Thanksgiving table with these fall leaf streamers. They're a snap to make...
Give an ordinary lampshade autumnal appeal by stenciling it with fall leaves. This project is an easy and inexpensive way to...