Throw a Vintage Halloween Party
Have a scary good time with classic decorations and fun treat dispensers.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
What would Halloween be without delicious candy, some very crazy costumes and those fun decorations? Here's a vintage Halloween party for a twist on traditions.
Here's what it takes:
- Decorate the front porch or door with decorations that are reproductions of ones made in the 1920s, 1930s and 1940s.
- Decorate the dining table with a layered crepe paper runner embellished with ribbon trim. Cut the edges of the paper with scalloped craft scissors for a finishing detail.
- Fill papier-mâché cat or pumpkin containers with candy corn, licorice, wax soda bottles, popcorn balls, apples and big lollipops.
- Let the children dress up once they arrive at the party. Provide simple costumes like ladybug wings, paper masks and draping capes or have materials on hand so they can make their own.
- Pass out noisemakers like tin party horns, whistles and metal clackers.