Leopard-Print Tree Skirt
Design on a Dime design coordinator Summer Baltzer shares how to make a Christmas tree skirt.
Filed under: Christmas Decorating, Holiday Decorating, Christmas, Handmade, Materials and Supplies
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
3 yards of leopard-print fabric
3 yards of red ribbon
hook and loop tape
1. Decide the size you would like the tree skirt to be (this skirt measures five feet in diameter).
2. Fold your yardage in half, then half again.
3. Create a compass with a pencil and six inches of string.
4. Attach the string to the corner where the fabric has two folds and draw a curve onto the fabric to create the circular shape.
5. Measure the diameter of your tree trunk or tree stand and cut that size hole in the center of the fabric.
6. Cut a single slit from the inside fold to the outside edge of the fabric.
7. Fold the ribbon over the edge so that it's even on front and back and sew it on.
8. Attach the hook and loop tape to the slit so that the tree skirt can be closed around the trunk.
Easily create a no-sew felt tree skirt to add a creative touch to your Christmas decorations.
Felt is a perfect fabric for no-sew holiday projects because raw edges won't fray. This tree skirt looks complicated, but it's...
Some old quilts are too fragile or tattered to use as bedding, but they're too precious to throw away. Repurpose one into a...Advertisement
HGTV Inspiration Newsletter