Phantom Floating Candles
Elegantly ghoulish, these floating candles and roses would make a great Halloween centerpiece.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Candles cast a bewitching glow when paired with ghost-white roses afloat in blood-red water.
Materials and Tools:
footed glass compote
red, green and blue food coloring
white floating candles
1. Fill the bowl with water until it is about an inch from the bowl's rim.
2. Add drops of red food coloring to the water and stir until the water is deep red, count the drops of red food coloring as you add them.
3. Add one drop of green food coloring for every four drops of red food coloring used in the previous step. Green and red when mixed together make black, so adding green dye to your red water will darken the water's color. Stir the contents.
4. Add a few drops of blue coloring to add a slight tint of purple to your "blood" and stir. One drop of blue for every four drops of green should do the trick
5. Place the large floating candles into the bowl of blood and add white roses, nestling them between the floating candles.
6. Light the candles and enjoy.
Hosting a Halloween party is even sweeter with these elegant ideas for a dessert table display.