Ominously Operatic Cutlery Sleeves
Add a touch of Operatic flair to your Halloween gathering by making these simple, yet sophisticated cutlery wraps.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
Phantom of the Opera sheet music
2½-inch wide ribbon, cut in 16-inch lengths
paper towels or paint brush
water-based wood stain or antiquing medium
matte clear acrylic spray
1. Cut a page of sheet music in half.
2. Lightly paint or rub the sheet music with water-based wood stain or antiquing medium. The more that you apply, the older and more stained the paper will appear. Lay flat and allow to completely dry.
3. Carefully run edges of the stained paper over a lighter. Do not allow the paper to come in contact with the flame for too long in any one area, just singe the edges.
4. Spray with clear acrylic spray and allow the paper to dry completely.
5. Wrap the paper around your silverware and place a small piece of invisible tape along the seam. Finish by wrapping with ribbon.