Mysterious Masque Invitation
Set a spooktacular tone for your Halloween party by making these Mysterious Mask Invitations.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Not only do these masks tell your guests the where and when of your party, but they can be used as part of a costume and saved as a souvenir. Your guests will scream with delight.
Materials and Tools:
plastic mask, available at Halloween shops or online
gold gimp, rick-rack or other decorative trim
hot glue gun and glue sticks
wooden dowel, cut to 16 to 18 inches in length
linen or parchment finish paper
white glue or school glue
1. Hot glue velvet onto plastic mask. Carefully position the fabric as you glue it to avoid wrinkles and mold the velvet to the shape of the mask. Leave fabric over the eye openings in this step, they will be cut out later.
2. Cut the excess fabric from the mask's edges leaving a ¼-inch border.
3. Turn the excess fabric under and attach it to the back of the mask with hot glue.
4. To expose the eye openings, cut a horizontal and vertical slit through the fabric covering openings with scissors or an x-acto blade. Trim away excess fabric, leaving just ¼ inch. Wrap the excess fabric around the eye openings and secure to the back of the mask with hot glue.
5. Hot glue the gold trim to the outside of the mask and around the eyes.
6. Before attaching felt to the back of mask, secure feathers to back of mask with hot glue.
7. Trace the completed mask shape onto a piece of felt and cut out, including holes for the eyes.
8. Attach the felt to the back of mask with hot glue.
9. Wrap dowel with ribbon, securing the ribbon at the top and bottom of dowel with hot glue.
10. Finish by attaching the ribbon-wrapped dowel and several lengths of ribbon to the back of mask with hot glue.
11. To make the invitation, either hand-write or use your computer to print a suitably ornate font onto a linen or parchment finish paper. Include any specifics for your party, such as the date, time and location and whether your guests are expected to come in costume.
12. Carefully tear the edges around your written information and a slightly larger piece of gold paper, creating a jagged edge.
Get your party guests and vampire enthusiasts in the mood for a spooky Halloween gathering by sending out easy-to-make...