Haunted House Centerpiece
Add to your Halloween decorations by creating a haunted house out of foam. Follow these step-by-step instructions.
- More from Special Presentation
Filed under: Halloween Decorating, Holiday Decorating, Centerpieces, Halloween, How To, Holiday
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
hot glue gun
white lead pencil
strings of white battery-powered lights
1. Draw a paper template of each side of the house, and then trace around each window and door to transfer the designs to the foam (figure A). Cut them out using a utility knife. Glue the four sides together and reinforce the corners by wrapping them with one-inch-wide strips of foam to give the foundation of the house some strength.
2. Cut the roof, door/window casings and trim, mullions and chimneys out of other colors of foam and glue each piece in place.
3. Use a ruler and marker to draw diagonal lines on the vellum, and then glue them to the inside of each window for a stained-glass effect (figure B).
4. Tuck the lights inside so it glows at night.
If you'd like to have a frighteningly good time this Halloween, try this project -- a haunted house centerpiece.Advertisement
HGTV Inspiration Newsletter