Enchanted Altar Project
How to make your own altar for a special occasion.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
two sheets of 1/2" medium density fiberboard (MDF)
4'x8' piece of frosted acrylic
2' x 4' pieces of wood
one sheet 1/4" tempered hardboard
two sheets 3/4" plywood
1. Assemble the frames for the three rear panels of the stage by cutting and nailing together 2x4s in the same manner that you would frame a wall for a house. The frames should be 2' w x 8' h on the side and 4' w x 8' h in the center. Screw all three panels together.
2. Install a sheet of acrylic on the front of the center 4x8 frame. To create a backdrop behind the acrylic, use a 3" x 4' strip of MDF. Drill out holes for groupings of branches, leaving spaces for puck lights to illuminate the branches. Attach this piece of MDF across the middle of the center frame at the desired height to allow for the branches to fit. Place branches into openings.
3. Attach pieces of 2' w x 8' 1/2" h MDF to the side panels and the acrylic to the center frame using screws.
4. Using a chop saw, cut 2x4s with 45 degree angles on both sides. Screw these pieces onto the back of the panels for support.
1. Cut and screw together 2x4s to create a frame for the stage. The stage should be 3' w x 8' l x 8" h.
2. Cover the top of the frame with 3/4" plywood and screw together.
3. Attach 2x4s to the front of the frame in varying lengths with the longer pieces in the center and shorter ones toward the ends. Cut a piece of 3/4" plywood in a semi-circle to cover the attached 2x4s. Screw the plywood into place. Nail a 4" strip of tempered hardboard to the protruding 2x4s to create a curved front.
Top of Altar
1. Using 2x4s, build a frame that will slide over the top of the altar.
2. Create the front of the piece the same way the curve was created on the front of the stage, using 2x4s to create a frame that will allow for a piece of tempered hardboard to cover it with a curve.
A rock-and-roll kid craft easy to make and design, perfect for any rock star child. Your child's artwork will personalize his...
Author and gardening expert Marianne Binetti shows how to make a fern house and how to decorate with an inked palm frond.
Meet six real-life couples who chose to honor their cultural heritage in their wedding ceremony. Get useful tips for honoring...(6 photos)