How to Make a Wooden Wreath
Design on a Dime design coordinator Dave Sheinkopf shares how to make a unique wreath out of three different kinds of wood
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
- Lay out the wood pieces and select the direction of the grain.
- Using a jig saw, cut the base piece out of walnut in two sections that mirror each other. Use extra pieces to fill in any gaps, if necessary.
- Cut the second layer out of the zebrawood and the top layer out of the wenge wood. Cut the wood into organic, curving shapes, with each layer proportionately smaller.
- Sand all of the pieces with 100-grit sandpaper to soften the edges.
- Secure all three layers with brad nails and glue.
- Apply a satin lacquer finish to the entire piece.
Kim Calhane's background as an elementary school art teacher lends itself well to her fun and festive front yard decorations,...