Urban Backyard Wedding
An unfinished backyard is transformed into an urban sanctuary perfect for an outdoor wedding.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
glass cylinder vase, 12" H
plastic, store bought stencil, 3"-6" in height x 3"-6" width. Stencil can be in a design of your choice.
bottle of glass etching cream
sponge craft paint brush
tape or adhesive spray
crayon or marker used for glass surface
? Work in a ventilated space, as etching cream has strong fumes.
? Wear protective glasses and latex gloves to protect against contact with the etching cream.
? Choose the stencil carefully. The best design is not too intricate; minute details do not translate well with etching cream.
? This project also works well on square or rectangular vases, just make sure the stencil fits within the width of the vase.
? Cover areas not being etched with plastic wrap to protect it from accidental etch cream droplets.
1. Clean the vase thoroughly and dry free of dust and debris.
2. Measure the desired space for the stencil design on the vase.
3. Place the stencil on the vase, marking the border with a crayon.
4. Spray adhesive to the back of the stencil, following manufacturer's instructions. Once the back of stencil becomes tacky, adhere the stencil to the measured crayon border. Note: You can also use scotch tape to adhere the stencil to the vase.
5. Apply a thick layer of etching cream to the stencil design, brushing evenly up and down.
6. Wait five minutes for the cream to react.
7. Remove the stencil from vase, and wash off the etching cream with water.
8. If desired, wrap colorful pieces of ribbon around the base of the vase, using tape to hold.