Urban Backyard Wedding
An unfinished backyard is transformed into an urban sanctuary perfect for an outdoor wedding.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
four 6x6 redwood posts
two 2x8 redwood posts
two 3x3 redwood posts
4" galvanized screws
3-1/2" galvanized lag bolts
quick-setting concrete mix
1. Dig four holes parallel at approximately 18 inches to two feet deep and six feet apart.
2. Set four 6x6 redwood posts in concrete, staking it off plumb and square. Let the posts dry.
3. Cut the 6x6 posts at eight feet level.
4. Cut two 2x8 redwood posts at eight feet with decorative 45-degree angles.
5. Screw the 2x8s to the 6x6 posts using galvanized lag bolts.
6. Cut eight 3x3 redwood cross members at 36 inches. Find the center of the trellis and work your way out to both ends, using an eight inch spacer block. Screw the 3x3 posts to the 2x8s with galvanized screws.