Decorating the Front of the House/Outdoor Lighting
The front of the house sets the tone. Is your holiday entry festive? Here are a few ideas to make a great first impression! Also includes step-by-step instructions.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
12" pine wreath
7 clusters red berry stems
hot glue gun
red spray paint
white foam wreath (10"x1-1/2"x6-1/2")
green floral wire
1. Spray the top and sides of the white foam wreath red. The foam might slightly sink in after it is painted, which is fine. Let dry.
2. Cut all the berries off of stem with wire cutters, leaving about a half inch of wire connected to each.
3. Use glue and the attached wire to secure the berries to the top and edges of the foam wreath in rows of four. Continue until the entire wreath is covered.
4. Cut three 10-inch pieces of floral wire. Divide the back of the foam wreath into thirds, and then insert the wire through it in those spots. Wrap the two ends around each other to secure the pieces.
5. Insert the foam wreath inside the pine wreath and secure it with the wires.
Tip: If there are visible hot glue threads, blow them away with a warm hairdryer.