Spinach and Bacon Salad
Spruce up a spinach salad with sweet apples and bacon.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
6 cups baby spinach leaves, washed and spun dry
1 Granny Smith apple, halved, cored and thinly sliced
6 slices bacon, sliced into 1/4" strips
1 small shallot, chopped
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1. Place spinach and apple slices in a large mixing bowl.
2. Render bacon strips over low heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon onto paper towels to drain.
3. Add shallots to bacon fat and sauté until soft and fragrant.
4. Whisk in mustard, vinegar and then olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Pour dressing over spinach, add bacon and toss to wilt salad slightly.
Yield: Serves 4
Serve your guests a delectable bread pudding filled with orange and cranberries and topped with warm salted caramel sauce.
Forget canned cranberry sauce; instead whip up this not-too-sweet relish to complement your Thanksgiving turkey, ham, duck or...
A combination of three tasty cheeses — white Cheddar, gruyère and Swiss — make this mac 'n' cheese a creamy...