Spinach and Bacon Salad
Spruce up a spinach salad with sweet apples and bacon.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
6 cups baby spinach leaves, washed and spun dry
1 Granny Smith apple, halved, cored and thinly sliced
6 slices bacon, sliced into 1/4" strips
1 small shallot, chopped
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1. Place spinach and apple slices in a large mixing bowl.
2. Render bacon strips over low heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon onto paper towels to drain.
3. Add shallots to bacon fat and sauté until soft and fragrant.
4. Whisk in mustard, vinegar and then olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Pour dressing over spinach, add bacon and toss to wilt salad slightly.
Yield: Serves 4
Serve this light salad as a refreshing side dish to pork, chicken or lamb. The beautiful display also makes it a colorful...
Mild and savory, this herbal stuffing pairs well with turkey, ham or even roast beef or pork — or serve this meat-free...
A pecan rub and cider sauce give this pork roast a rich, fall flavor. Serve with apple tarts for a delicious meal your holiday...