Snow Globe Christmas Ornament
Create playful ornaments to add a frosty touch to your Christmas tree.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
clear glass ornament
hot-glue gun and glue sticks
red velvet ribbon
white scrapbook paper
snowflake die cutter
1. Remove the metal top of the ornament. Using decorative-edged scissors, trim sides of velvet ribbon to create a decorative edge. Attach two strips of velvet ribbon to ornament with hot glue, creating a cross design.
2. Tie two small bows with uncut red velvet ribbon. Attach one bow to the bottom of the ornament with hot glue, covering where the two pieces of decorative-edge ribbon meet.
3. Punch out lots of snowflake shapes with die cutter. Using craft glue, sandwich a piece of gold string between two snowflakes, these will be suspended within the snow globe. Create three of these for each ornament.
4. Create a funnel by rolling a piece of scrap paper, and fill bottom of snow globe with gold glitter. Top the glitter with paper snowflake cutouts.
5. Suspend three snowflakes within ornament, attaching them to the inside top rim with a bit of hot glue. Add a bow to the metal ornament top and reattach. Tip: Create a stronger bond for the top by adding a drop of hot glue when reattaching it. Finally, add a ribbon for hanging the completed ornament.
With its distinctly warm, aromatic smell, cinnamon spice can instantly create a familiar festive scent in any room. Try finding...