Piña Colada Baked Doughnuts Recipe
The glaze on these doughnuts is infused with pineapple juice for added flavor. Bake the doughnuts instead of frying them to cut down on calories.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Before You Start
You will be using one 20-ounce can of crushed pineapple. Strain the pineapple, but reserve the juice (image 1). You'll need to squeeze out as much of the remaining juice as possible using a cheesecloth or clean lint-free tea towel. There should be some left over to use for the glaze. Do not overmix: Most steps require only enough mixing to combine.
Yield: 18 doughnuts
2 cups cake flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon rum extract
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1/2 cup crushed pineapple, well-drained
For the Glaze
remaining pineapple (about 2 tablespoons)
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
3 tablespoons pineapple juice
1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat doughnut pan with oil. Mix together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Whisk to fully combine ingredients.
2. In a separate bowl combine oil, buttermilk, rum extract and eggs. Whisk until well combined.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix only until moistened. Add vinegar, and mix well. Sprinkle in pineapple and fold in until combined.
4. Fill doughnut wells only three-quarters full. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes. Turn out onto wire rack to cool completely.
1. Mix remaining pineapple, sugar and pineapple juice in a bowl until smooth and creamy.
2. Spoon onto cooled doughnuts. Sprinkle immediately with coconut (image 1).
3. Wait at least 10 minutes for glaze to set before serving.
The entertaining experts at HGTV.com share an easy beer cheese dip recipe perfect as a Father's Day treat.
The handmade experts at HGTV.com share step-by-step instructions for turning an inexpensive frame into a monogrammed leather...
The entertaining experts at HGTV.com share DIY ideas on how to throw your Dad a beer tasting party for Father's Day.(10 photos)