Pecan Pralines Recipe
Send party guests home on a sweet note by preparing homemade pecan pralines sealed in decorative, fiesta-inspired bags.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Yield: 60-70 small pralines
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 cups sugar
3 1/2 cups pecans
4 tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Combine buttermilk, baking soda, sugar and salt in heavy saucepan.
2. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until mixture begins to form a soft ball.
3. Add pecans and continue to cook and stir until mixture becomes a firm ball.
4. Remove from heat, and add butter and vanilla. At this point, the candy should look shiny and will not be thick.
5. Beat by hand until candy begins to dull and thicken.
6. Working quickly, drop by small spoonfuls onto parchment paper and let harden.
This decadent, cardamom-scented cake features a colorful surprise inside: cranberry-orange filling. A light-as-air maple...
Spring-perfect strawberries are the star of this easy salad recipe. It's the perfect starter for a brunch, lunch or dinner.
This simple, crustless quiche is sure to please the whole family. You assemble the casserole the night before serving, making...