Margarita Cupcakes Recipe
Incorporate some tequila in this cupcakes recipe for a kick your Cinco de Mayo guests will love.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Yield: 2 dozen cupcakes
2 1/4 cups flour
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter (softened)
2 eggs and 2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup non-alcoholic liquid margarita mix
2 teaspoons grated lime zest
2 tablespoons tequila for brushing on top of cupcakes
Tequila Lime Buttercream Frosting
2 sticks softened butter
5 cups powdered sugar
4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons tequila
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare your muffin tins with paper liners. In a large bowl, use a whisk to mix together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. Using an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, beat softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add your eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
3. Add the milk, vanilla, margarita mix, zest and tequila. Mix until combined, scraping the sides when needed.
4. With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry flour mix, mixing until just combined. Do not overmix. Bake for 20 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. After removing from oven, brush tequila on the cupcake tops while they are still warm.
5. For the frosting, mix together butter and about half of powdered sugar with an electric mixer with the paddle attachment. Add lime juice, tequila and remaining powdered sugar; mix until smooth. If your frosting is a bit too runny, add a bit more powdered sugar until you get to the consistency you desire. If frosting is too stiff, mix in a bit of milk, one tablespoon or less at a time.
6. To make the lime twist, begin by washing a lime and cutting the ends off (image 1). Make a shallow incision from one end to the other, cutting just through the rind. Slice thin rounds of your lime (image 2), and remove all of the meat (image 3). Twist the rind strip into a curly cue and place on top of your frosted cupcake (images 3 and 4). Sprinkle with a bit of coarse salt of desired.
Chocolate cake is nuanced with the flavor of Coca-Cola, and the peanut butter frosting delivers a perfect sweet and salty bite.
This light and fluffy cake recipe is topped with Limoncello buttercream frosting, which adds a sour kick.
Personalize your wedding treats with chocolate “wax” seals. Wax stamps can be found at craft stores and online.