How to Make a Holiday Felt Bag
Paige Hill creates a felt bag for the holidays.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
8-1/2" x 11" piece felt
1/2 yd. muslin fabric
iron on stabilizer (for ink-jet printers)
computer, scanner, ink-jet printer
iron and ironing board
red rickrack trim
eyelets and eyelet tools
sheer silk ribbon
2. Choose a holiday image to print. Scan an image, use clip art or a photograph. Images from old greeting cards were featured in this felt bag project.
3. Following the manufacturer's instructions for the iron-on stabilizer, print the image on your printer. Carefully remove the backing.
4. Following the directions on the package, iron the fusible web to the back of the image.
5. Remove the paper backing and iron the image onto the front of the felt bag.
6. Using monofilament thread on the sewing machine, sew the red rickrack trim around the holiday image.
7. Place the two pieces of felt, right sides together, and sew the bag together around three sides leaving the top open. To make the bag stand, sew a straight seam on each corner about 1/4-inch on the bottom seam. Turn the bag right side out.
9. Cut a piece of sheer silk ribbon double the length of the perimeter of the bag. Thread the ribbon through the holes, weaving in and out and tie it in the front of the holiday bag.
10. Attach a vintage button to the front of the felt holiday bag and thread the ribbon through the holes in the button.
This elegant gift bag just begs for an equally luxurious gift to be tucked inside. What a great way to present champagne, a...
Renee Weaver shapes light bulbs, Santa's and peppermint candy lampwork beads to design her holiday necklace.