Handmade Holiday Cards
Make handmade cards this year to hold your warm holiday greetings.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Snowman Handmade Card
Materials and Tools:
pearlized white card stock
pale blue card stock
black metallic paper
7" thin coordinating ribbon
small hole punch
glue tape, glue stick or white glue
snowflake stickers, glitter or other embellishments
1. Draw 3 overlapping circles with protractor onto white card stock. Each circle should be progressively smaller to create a snowman shape. Erase any visible lines and cut out snowman.
2. Use this snowman cutout as a pattern to create a second snowman which is approximately 1/4-inch smaller. Trace white snowman onto pale blue card stock and cut out, making sure to cut 1/4-inches inside traced lines to create a smaller snowman shape.
3. Draw a small top hat onto a piece of black metallic paper and cut out.
4. Attach top hat at a jaunty angle to blue snowman's head with glue.
5. Center and attach smaller blue snowman to larger white snowman. Note: If you want to add your holiday greeting to the bottom snowman and allow your card's recipient to lift the layers to read it, then only glue the snowmen together at the top, leaving the body of the snowmen unattached. Alternately, you can glue all three layers down and add your greeting to the back of the card.
7. Feed ribbon through the holes back to front to back and tie the ribbon as if the snowman were wearing a scarf.
8. Place snowflake stickers on the top blue layer as embellishment.
9. Finally, add your warm holiday greeting either inside the card by writing on the bottom snowman or to the card's back.
Forget store-bought, mass-produced Christmas cards. Show friends and family how special they are with vintage-inspired handmade...