Handmade Gift Ideas
Five HGTV.com users share their crafty ideas and tips for creating holiday-themed handmade gifts.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
plain glass votive candle holder
white votive candle
wet baby wipes
stamp set of choice (small, simple images work best)
glitter, rhinestones or other small embellishments
glue, Crystal Effects or other clear-drying adhesive
medium-size cello gusset bag
colorful shredded paper (also called Excelsior) to fill gift bag
small foil-wrapped holiday chocolates (if desired)
1. Clean votive holder with soap and water and allow to dry.
2. Holding votive tightly to prevent smearing, randomly stamp images onto glass. It is best to push glass into inked stamp, while gently moving stamp around curves of votive holder. Wipe away any wet mistakes with baby wipes and allow time for the ink to dry completely.
3. Attach rhinestones to centers of stamped images with clear adhesive, tweezers work great for this. Allow adhesive to thoroughly dry.
4. While the votive dries, stamp and embellish the cello bag. To make stamping the bag easy, place a piece of paper in the bag, lay the bag flat, and stamp one side at a time, allowing the first side to dry before beginning the second.
5. Insert votive holder into bag and surround with shredded paper and foil-wrapped chocolates. Attach gift tag and ribbon. Your gift is now ready to brighten someone's holiday.