Halloween Recipe: Yummy Mummy Empanadas
Wrap up fun for your Halloween party guests with these pepperoni pizza-style empanadas. Filled with hearty ingredients, they're a kid-pleasing snack for school lunches too.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
8. Add 2-1/2 tablespoons of filling to one side of the center of each pastry cutout leaving about 1/2 inch at the top, side and bottom of the pastry (Image 1).
9. Fold over the unfilled side. Use a fork to crimp the pastry together around the top, bottom and side. Repeat for the remaining pastries (Image 2).
10. Roll the remaining pastry dough a bit thinner and cut into thin strips (about 1/4" wide). Use the long strips to wrap around the pastries overlapping them randomly to resemble a mummy's bandages (Image 1).
11. About a third from the top, place two black olive slices, to serve as the mummy's eyes, in the center of the pastry. Wrap the dough strip over the olives to secure them (Image 2).
12. Pinch the loose end of the dough strip to the edge of the pastry to secure it. Trim away any unsightly parts with a pizza cutter.
13. Bake empanadas on a parchment-lined sheet in a 375 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly before serving.
The Halloween party experts at HGTV.com share a recipe for a chillingly tasty Halloween margarita using fresh lime juice,...
The Halloween party experts at HGTV.com share a recipe for a healthy Halloween appetizer that is fun and easy to make.
The Halloween entertaining experts at HGTV.com share a recipe for a ghoulishly delicious Halloween cocktail made with Licor 43...