Grilled Cumin Shrimp and Avocado Gazpacho
Nothing will cool you down this summer quite like this refreshing gazpacho appetizer topped with spicy grilled shrimp.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Yield: 6 appetizer-sized portions
6 cleaned, de-shelled shrimp with tail still on
3/4 cup cumin seeds
3 tablespoons adobo sauce
1 green bell pepper
1 white onion
3/4 red onion
2-3 cloves garlic
1 cup cilantro
1 pint water
1. To make the shrimp, toast cumin seeds in a skillet until slightly brown. Rub shrimp with the juice of one lime and adobo sauce. Cover with toasted cumin seeds (Image 1).
2. Skewer shrimp and place on grill for approximately 5 minutes a side or until slightly blackened (Image 2).
3. To make avocado gazpacho, add cucumber, bell pepper, onion, jalapeño, garlic and water to a food processor. Puree until smooth (Image 3).
4. With a fine strainer, separate liquid from the pulp in a bowl and set aside the aromatic water (Image 4).
5. In a clean food processor, blend avocados, cilantro, juice of 5 limes and one cup of the aromatic water. Garnish with coarsely chopped red onion, avocado and bell pepper. Place the grilled shrimp on top (Image 5).
The combination of cold soup and hot shrimp makes this a refreshing dish for warm nights.
Burrata cheese and juicy heirloom tomatoes combine to create a delicious appetizer great for any gathering, large or small.
Dried rosebuds, fresh mint, lime and champagne combine to make this beautiful and delicious beverage for a festive occasion.