Deviled Eggs and Chicken Salad in Paradise
Enjoy a tropical taste with these deviled eggs and this Japanese chicken salad.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
1 dozen eggs
1/8 bunch parsley, finely chopped
1/8 yellow onion, finely chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
mayonnaise, to taste and for texture
whole-grain Dijon mustard, to taste
1. Boil eggs, stirring occasionally (so the yolk will be center) until hard-cooked. The recipe then says: Cool in ice water, and then cut eggs in half crosswise, slicing a bit off bottom, so they will stand upright. Remove yolks.
2. Add remaining ingredients to yolks and mix for filling. To add texture to filling, chop up one egg white very finely, and add to mixture.
3. Spoon mixture back into egg whites and garnish with a parsley leaf.
Evelyn's Japanese Chicken Salad
2 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
1 large head cabbage, chopped
6 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
6 green onions, chopped
2 pkgs. ramen noodles
4 Tbsp. oil
1 cup oil
4 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. vinegar
1. Mix first five ingredients in a large bowl. (We poached the chicken breasts in the microwave; add a little water with the chicken breasts, loosely cover microwave-safe bowl and cook until the juices run clear.)
2. Open noodle packages and break up into smaller pieces. In a large skillet, heat oil and add noodles, frying lightly. Add to bowl once cooled. Mix ingredients for dressing in a small bowl, then pour over salad mix, coating and mixing well.
- Recipes from Kapalua Cooks: A Collection of Favorite Recipes From the Employees of Kapalua Land Company
This egg-topped flatbread offers a twist on traditional breakfast pizza.