Get Cool With Cucumber Recipes
These recipes prove that cucumbers aren't just for salads anymore.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and shredded
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 tsp. cumin
salt to taste
Mix all ingredients. Cover and chill for at least two hours. Serve with French bread.
Cold Cucumber Soup
4 cups cucumber cubed
1-1/2 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
1 clove garlic clove garlic
1 tsp. red-wine vinegar
salt and pepper
Peel, seed and chop all of the cucumbers except for 1/4 of a cucumber. Place in the blender along with remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth and then chill in refrigerator for one hour. Pour into bowls, and season and garnish with a slice of cucumber and a sprig of mint.
- Easily remove seeds from cucumbers by cutting it in half lengthwise, then scraping a teaspoon down the middle.
- Use seeded cucumbers as a boat for tuna salad.
- Make cucumber water by placing long slices of cucumber in a pitcher or glass of water.
- Garnish tomato juice with a decorative cucumber wheel.
- Remove puffiness from eyes by placing cucumbers on them.
Use this dressed-up vanilla cupcake recipe as the base for special-occasion decorated treats. Just add food coloring and...
Make these healthy and delicious dog treats for your favorite four-legged friend.