Christmas Ornament Ideas
Six HGTV.com users share their crafty ideas and tips for creating handmade Christmas ornaments.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Created by Dawn Squire
Dawn lives in Hawaii, where sadly there are no snowmen around the holidays. So she decided to create her own, complete with island flair and Aloha style. To create this project, you'll need basic stained glass materials and tools.
1. Dawn recommends that you begin your project by sketching your pattern, then cutting it out and placing it on glass.
2. Cut glass with scoring tool, next grind the glass' edges to your desired shape.
3. Wrap glass with copper foil and solder the edges with 60/40 lead solder.
4. Clean your finished piece before adding the glass paint.
5. Following manufacturer's directions, bake paint for permanence.
6. Add ribbon or raffia for hanging your ornament.
Hang this ornament on a holiday tree, from a cabinet knob, a lampshade key and more. Follow these instructions by Helen Gibb to...
It is the Millers' second Christmas in their Tudor-style home, and they would like to give it the feeling of a Victorian...
The handmade ornament makes the perfect gift for friends who are Santa collectors, or add this crafty Santa to your own...