Christmas Ornament Ideas
Six HGTV.com users share their crafty ideas and tips for creating handmade Christmas ornaments.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Created by Dawn Squire
Dawn lives in Hawaii, where sadly there are no snowmen around the holidays. So she decided to create her own, complete with island flair and Aloha style. To create this project, you'll need basic stained glass materials and tools.
1. Dawn recommends that you begin your project by sketching your pattern, then cutting it out and placing it on glass.
2. Cut glass with scoring tool, next grind the glass' edges to your desired shape.
3. Wrap glass with copper foil and solder the edges with 60/40 lead solder.
4. Clean your finished piece before adding the glass paint.
5. Following manufacturer's directions, bake paint for permanence.
6. Add ribbon or raffia for hanging your ornament.
Use these glass ornaments as place card holders on your table. Follow these instructions by Tim Holtz to make your own ornaments.
A young couple needs to get their home ready for the holidays and a family Christmas party.(5 photos)
For almost 20 years Christopher Radko has been the king of keepsake ornaments.(7 photos)