Bonus! Five Web-Exclusive Decorating Ideas for the Holidays
Here's a gift: Five more ideas to make your holidays great! Includes ideas and step-by-step instructions.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
white illustration board
white poster board
superfine white glitter
1. Create the angel out of six pieces: a full body with head and trumpet, a skirt, two arms and two wings. Either draw the pieces yourself or trace an angel picture.
2. Draw or transfer the tracing of the body and the skirt onto illustration board. Cut the two pieces out using a craft knife and sharp paper scissors. Add a 1/2-inch slot in the shoulder area for the wings and arms. Cut a 3-1/4-inch slit in the center of the body from the bottom to the center. Cut a corresponding 3-1/4-inch slit on the skirt from the center to the top of the skirt.
3. Draw or transfer the tracing of the arms and wings to the poster board and cut two of each. The correct placement of tabs on each wing and arm will make it easy to attach these pieces to the body.
4. Apply spray adhesive to one side of all pieces. Immediately sprinkle with glitter. When dry, repeat on back.
5. Bend skirt piece in half lengthwise and slide into body piece. This will allow the angel to stand on a flat surface. Slip the arm tabs through the slit in the shoulder and glue the tabs to the other arm. When the glue is dry, add the wings in the same manner to the same slit.
6. Glue the hands to the trumpet and let the angel dry.