Bonus! Five Web-Exclusive Decorating Ideas for the Holidays
Here's a gift: Five more ideas to make your holidays great! Includes ideas and step-by-step instructions.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
1/4 yard African Kente cloth
two 12" pieces of ribbon
hot glue gun
1. From selvedge to selvedge, cut a seven-inch-wide strip according to the pattern of the fabric. With right sides together, sew a tube with a half inch seam allowance, leaving seven inches open at the center.
2. Sew ends closed at angles which are three inches from the very end. Turn inside out and press. Hand-stitch the opening closed.
3. Tie ribbons around the strip six inches from each end. Glue shells to the tops of the clips.
4. Attach the clips approximately two inches apart from each other along the center of the strip.
5. Hang strip either lengthwise or up and down with a