Bonus! Five Web-Exclusive Decorating Ideas for the Holidays
Here's a gift: Five more ideas to make your holidays great! Includes ideas and step-by-step instructions.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
3-1/4"x4" light blue card stock
18" of silver thread
4 double-sided foam dots
standard folded blue card (8-1/2"x 5-1/2")
1. Draw a Christmas tree with pencil on newsprint. Turn drawing over and rub drawing onto eraser. Cut off excess eraser and save for another stamp.
2. Carve away outside of tree with the cutting nib. Ink eraser (tap the ink pad onto the stamp) and stamp design on scrap paper to check for any lines that need to be carved away. Carve grooves inside of tree.
3. Practice stamping until satisfied with the results. Carefully stamp the design in the middle of the light blue card stock. Fold the blue card in half.
4. Use the corner punch to notch each corner on both sides (1/4 inch from each corner).
5. Tape a one-inch tail of the silver thread to the back of the upper left hand corner of the stamped piece and wind the thread around the corners using the punched notches as the guidelines. Secure the other end of the silver thread with tape to the back of the card.
6. Add double-sided foam dots to the back of stamped piece and attach it to the center of the folded card. Place the star sticker on top of the tree.