Even when the birds aren't dipping, sipping and sunning, this easy-to-make, easy-to-clean birdbath is plenty festive in the garden.Tom Russell
With this easy DIY project, you'll be creating a beautiful birdbath in an afternoon.
1. Sand the bottom of the plate to remove the glaze. This step is critical.
2. Sand the wide edge of the PVC bushing.
3. Lightly sand PVC pipe or steel stake
4. Following manufacturer's instructions, paint PVC bushing and accompanying stake
1. Turn the plate upside down and apply chalk to bottom edge.
2. Turn the plate right side up and firmly press onto craft paper, creating an imprint for your template (image 1).
3. Carefully cut out the template. Repeat steps 1-3 for the PVC bushing.
4. Fold the craft paper templates into quarters. Cut off the tip at the narrow end of the folded templates, creating a small hole in the center (image 2).
5. Place the large template on the bottom of the plate (image 3). Mark the center of the plate using a permanent marker.
6. Align the center of the PVC pipe bushing template with the center point of the plate. Mark the outside edge of the PVC template (image 4).
1. Following manufacturer's instructions, apply a generous amount of adhesive along the PVC bushing template line on the plate and the flat edge of bushing. Press bushing into the adhesive.
2. Allow adhesive to cure (image 1).
3. Pound stake into ground and place birdbath on stake. Fill with water. Enjoy!
Note: This birdbath is easy to clean. Just remove it from the stake and rinse as needed.