Nothing will cool you down this summer quite like this refreshing gazpacho appetizer topped with spicy grilled shrimp.Kristin Guy, The Cuisinerd
Yield: 6 appetizer-sized portions
6 cleaned, de-shelled shrimp with tail still on
3/4 cup cumin seeds
3 tablespoons adobo sauce
1 green bell pepper
1 white onion
3/4 red onion
2-3 cloves garlic
1 cup cilantro
1 pint water
1. To make the shrimp, toast cumin seeds in a skillet until slightly brown. Rub shrimp with the juice of one lime and adobo sauce. Cover with toasted cumin seeds (Image 1).
2. Skewer shrimp and place on grill for approximately 5 minutes a side or until slightly blackened (Image 2).
3. To make avocado gazpacho, add cucumber, bell pepper, onion, jalapeño, garlic and water to a food processor. Puree until smooth (Image 3).
4. With a fine strainer, separate liquid from the pulp in a bowl and set aside the aromatic water (Image 4).
5. In a clean food processor, blend avocados, cilantro, juice of 5 limes and one cup of the aromatic water. Garnish with coarsely chopped red onion, avocado and bell pepper. Place the grilled shrimp on top (Image 5).