Use unusual items and colors to decorate chandeliers and tables for the holidays.
Here are some ideas for nontraditional table settings for your dining room:
- Start with a sheer floor-length tablecloth and divide the table into four sections with beautiful sheer lime ribbons placed perpendicular to each other. This is a lovely way to separate the place settings and add visual interest to the skirt of the tablecloth.
- The next layer to the table is the napkins with ornaments attached with ribbons used as napkin rings that are also guest gifts. If desired, use a paint pen or glitter glue to include guest initials.
- Address the centerpiece once the place settings are in position and determine what height, size and shape is appropriate.
- The final touch of sequins or stamped holiday shapes sprinkled all over the table adds even more sparkle.
- To give the chairs a holiday twist, place them with their back toward the table. In this position, the host and hostess can add beautifully wrapped gifts to the seats for the lucky diners.