Select the right house gift that will remind the recipient of you all year round.
Running out of gift ideas for certain people? How about giving something for the home? Whether they're a close relative or just an acquaintance, the right house gift will remind them of you all year round.
- A cozy afghan is welcoming on chilly days. The quilt can also be used as a decorative throw over the sofa in the den or family room.
- A throw pillow with a clever saying embroidered on it is another item that will be there all the time, ready to prop up a head or thrown on a cocktail table to cushion feet (if they're allowed to be put on the table).
- Does your friend or relative collect wooden horses, decoy ducks, butterflies or any such items? Buy them one that will remind them of you.
- Candlesticks seem to be an appropriate gift for just about everybody. They come in handy for dinner parties, holiday mood-setting or quiet evenings. Supply scented candles with the candlesticks and help set the mood for them.
- Almost everybody loves candy but just a box of candy might not be enough of a gift. Put the candy in a special crystal bowl and it becomes special. If the bowl is attractive and fits the decor, the receiver of the gift will probably display it in a prominent place, praising you every time he or she receives a compliment on it.
- Angels are always popular and they look so graceful sitting around a mantle, a cocktail table, a dresser and on the kitchen counter.
- A pretty table clock, either gold-trimmed or wood tone, depending on the decor, is a "timely" reminder of you day and night.