This simple, rustic appetizer is a great way to get any fall or holiday gathering started. The flavors are a little sweet and a little savory. The textures shine with toasty bread, crunchy nuts and a delicious creamy topping.Sam Henderson, Today's Nest
Good to Know:
If you don't have a grill pan, place the sliced baguette 4-6 inches from the broiler in your oven for a few minutes until the edges get toasty brown.
1 large or 2 medium baguettes
8-oz. package of cream cheese, softened at room temperature
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
black pepper to taste
2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
1/2 cup pistachios, finely chopped
1. Place cranberries in a small heatproof bowl.
2. Pour enough hot water over cranberries to just cover. Soak for at least 15 minutes.
3. Cut the baguette diagonally into one-inch slices.
4. Using a pastry brush, coat one side of each slice with olive oil.
5. Grill the baguette slice, oil-side down, on a grill pan until toasted.
6. Strain cranberries, reserving the liquid.
7. Pick out 20 cranberry pieces and set aside for garnish. Chop remaining cranberries and place in a medium bowl.
8. Add cream cheese, garlic powder, salt, pepper, rosemary and reserved liquid to cranberries. Mix until well combined.
9. Spread cream cheese mixture onto toasted baguette slices.
10. Garnish with cranberry pieces and sprinkling of pistachios.