The grassy notes of the matcha balance perfectly with the flowery botanicals of the London dry gin in this very "green" cocktail. It's a bit tart, a bit sweet, a bit unusual and very tasty.Sam Henderson, Today's Nest
Combine equal parts water and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a slow boil while continuously stirring until all sugar has dissolved. I recommend starting with one cup. Let cool and bottle. This should keep in your fridge for about a month or so.
1 tablespoon sweet matcha powder (found at specialty grocers)
3 ounces water
juice of 1 small lime (1 ounce)
1/2 ounce simple syrup
2 1/2 ounces London dry gin
1. In a separate glass, mix 1 tablespoon sweet matcha powder with 3 ounces of water. Stir vigorously to combine.
2. Juice your small lime into green tea mixture.
3. Add 1/2 ounce simple syrup to green tea mixture.
4. Add ice to your cocktail shaker.
5. Combine your green tea mixture with 2 1/2 ounces of gin in the cocktail shaker.
6. Quickly swirl cocktail shaker until the outside becomes icy and cold.
7. Strain drink into your favorite martini glass.