Stash children's toys in this personalized denim tote bag.
Materials and Tools:
fabric for letters
1. Cut straps and pocket pieces for bag out of denim. Cut main part of bag using 18" x 12" construction paper as template, if necessary.
2. Spray denim pieces with spray starch.
3. Fold straps into thirds lengthwise. Sew a seam through them so they don't unravel, and iron.
4. Hem straps. Hem top of bag. Hem top of pocket.
5. Trace letter shapes onto iron-on adhesive fabric. Cut out letters. Iron letters onto front of bag. For a decorative effect, sew letters onto bag front.
6. Attach appliqué to pocket. Sew pocket onto bag front.
7. Seam up the bag sides and attach straps.