Make a tropical-themed greeting card with a 3D surprise hidden inside.
Materials and Tools:
2 pieces of 6 1/2" x 10" card stock
5 1/2" x 8 1/2" card stock
6" x 4 1/2" colored vellum
glue stick or double stick tape
stamp pads in tropical colors
Museum of Modern Rubber stamps:
J-1068 Jumpin' Jack Tab
D-1058 Welcome To Paradise
A-1057 Fat Flower
1. Score one piece of 6 1/2" x 10" card stock in half. This will be the outer piece.
2. Stamp the card front.
3. Stamp more flowers and the saying "Welcome to Paradise" onto the vellum. Apply the vellum to the card front.
4. On the second 6 1/2" x 10" piece of card stock, stamp an overall pattern of flowers and leaves. This will be the inside of the card.
5. Flip over and mark a line down the center. Score on the line.
6. Mark two horizontal guidelines 1-1/2 inches and 3 inches down from the top. Mark the Jumpin' Jack Tab onto the card stock. Score the two lower angled lines.
7. Use a craft knife to cut the lower line and the three-segment upper line.
8. On the remaining piece of card stock, stamp the hibiscus image two times and cut both out.
9. Flip over and mark a vertical center line on each flower. Make a mark at the halfway point on each center line. Cut a slot on the upper half of the line of one flower and the lower half of the line of the other flower. Slide the two pieces together and line the center slots up straight.
10. Apply a little glue or double stick tape to either side of the Jumpin' Jack Tab. Position the hibiscus (with both pieces intersected) onto the tab. The center lines of the hibiscus should line up directly over the center fold line of the card. The bottom edge of the hibiscus will fall below the lower cut line of the tab. Ensure that the sides of the hibiscus do not overlap the lower angled fold lines.
11. Slide the inside card piece into the outer card piece. Open the front cover and glue the two layers together.
12. Flip the card over, open the back cover and glue those two layers together. Be sure not to get any glue in the tab area.