Learn how to make a beaded bracelet using the right angle weaving technique.
Materials and Tools:
6 dozen 6mm bicone beads or crystals
size 8 seed beads
Silamide waxed nylon bead string
size 10 beading needles
2 jump rings
chain nose pliers
1. Thread the needle with 2 to 3 yards of thread, single thickness. Do not tie a knot.
2. String on four bicone beads and tie them together leaving a 12" tail. The tail will be used later to add one end of the clasp. This is one unit.
3. Weave through three beads.
4. String on three more beads and go back through the bead you exited in the first unit. Then weave through two more beads.
5. Again add three beads and go back through the bead you exited and weave through two beads on the unit you just made.
6. Continue adding on three beads until you have reached the desired length. Remember, the clasp will take up approximately 1/2".
7. After you have added the last unit of beads, add the clasp. Attach one jump ring to each end of the clasp with the pliers.
8. String on six size 8 seed beads and weave back through the last bicone bead.
9. Go around the seed bead loop three or four times to reinforce. Knot the thread.
10. Open the jump ring and attach one end of the clasp to the seed bead loop.
11. Repeat for the other end of the bracelet using the 12" tail.
12. To embellish: Thread the needle with 1 to 2 yards of thread. Starting at one end of the bracelet and moving at right angles, add a size 8 seed bead between each Bicone bead. Embellishing your right-angle weave bracelet will also reinforce it.