A salvaged door, fabric and small mirrors come together to create a stylish foyer fixture.
Tools and Materials:
an old recessed-panel door
small square mirrors (multiple sizes)
heavy-duty spray adhesive
utility knife and 2” putty knife
1. Lay the door on a flat surface. Cut the fabric two inches larger than the recessed panel of the door.
2. Apply spray glue to the underside of the fabric and lay it on the recessed panel, smoothing it out as you go, Use the putty knife to tuck the fabric into the edges.
3. When the glue has dried, use the utility knife to cut off the excess fabric.
4. Layout a pattern with your mirrors. Once you have it exactly how you’d like, use the hot glue gun to attach the mirrors onto the fabric.
5. Determine how many coat hooks to put on the door and their placement. Use a 1/2” drill bit to pre-drill holes then screw the hooks into the pre-drilled holes.
6. Hang the coat rack on the wall using materials appropriate for your wall.