Shelves and cushioned display boards are added to the inside of an old armoire -- found at a flea market for $75 — to make it more functional.
Materials and Tools:
silver spray paint
hook and loop fasteners
one sheet of 4’ x 8’ (3/4") MDF
one set of drawer sliders
two MDF shelves cut to size to fit armoire
chop (miter) saw
1. Attach the new shelves to the inside of the armoire using L brackets.
2. For the slide out shelf, add the bottom part of the drawer sliders to the inside bottom of the cabinet.
3. Screw the second part of the sliders onto the bottom of the shelf.
4. Attach the sliders together.
5. For the fabric panels, use a stapler to fasten batting and fabric over foam core.
6. Attach foam core to the inside of the cabinet doors with hook and loop fasteners.
6. Update the cabinet hardware by spray painting the handles.