Create a bedazzling overhead light by beading a chandelier.
Materials and Tools:
beaded tie-back tassels
metal beading wire
glass beads and gold charms
3-inch eye pins
beaded pendant lamp chandelier (Ikea, Rimfrost)
1. Cut beaded strands off of tie-back tassels with scissors (figure A).
2. Thread a beading needle with thin metal wire and restring the beaded strands.
3. After restringing, make sure to tie off the top ends of each strand and leave a bit of extra wire to attach to the chandelier.
4. String additional beads onto metal eye pins. Bend the straight top of the pins down with pliers to form a loop. Tie off at the top with a thin piece of wire to attach to the chandelier. At the end of each pin, attach a gold charm through the looped eye with a small piece of wire (figure B).
5. After stringing and restringing all beads and charms, attach each strand through the eyelets of the pendant chandelier's frame at repeating intervals (figure C).