1/2" copper tubing
foam insulation tube
fabric: dupioni silk and brown chiffon
super-strength fishing line
- Using a chop saw, make cuts halfway through the copper tubing, one inch apart (figure A).
- Bend the tube into a circle, and, using a copper connector piece, attach the two ends together. Make a total of four rings, each one progressively larger than the next.
- Attach foam insulation tube around each copper circle (figure B). (The foam tube comes with a precut slit.)
- Use painter's tape to add batting around the foam. This will give the rings more volume.
- Glue dupioni silk fabric onto the circles making sure that the fabric is evenly bunched.
- Cut the brown chiffon into 18-inch wide strips and glue it to the interior of each ring.
- Attach the circles together with fishing line.
- Attach icicle lights to the interior with hot glue and more fishing line.
- Secure to the ceiling with a hook.
- Decorate the "tree" with ball ornaments and ribbon in coordinating colors.