Melissa Baldwin shows how to spruce up a plain cork board.
Project by Melissa Baldwin.
two 12" square tiles
waterproof black inkpad
Dove blending pen
6" paper doilies
The Angel Company T-568 A Stitch in Time stamp
The Angel Company gingham background stamp
1/4" sheer ribbon
1. Stamp button rubber stamps onto cork tile with waterproof black ink.
2. Using a blending pen and ink pads, color the buttons.
3. Glue two doilies onto the front of the cork tile.
4. Cut card stock in half vertically to create your pocket. These should be 11" x 4-1/4." Score card stock at 5-1/2" and 5-3/4" on each piece.
5. Glue background paper onto front of pockets.
6. Stamp sewing images onto white card stock and color in with blending pen and dye ink.
7. Cut images out and glue to front of pocket.
8. Punch three holes in each pocket.
9. Glue pockets onto and around the bottom of the stamped tile.
10. Thread ribbon through the punched holes and tie a bow.
11. Adhere another tile to the back to finish it off.
12. Glue buttons onto thumbtacks with E6000 glue and let set overnight.