Eco-friendly bamboo flooring gives a bedroom warmth and sophistication. Lean how to install bamboo flooring and find more ways to add character to rooms from Rip & Renew.
Materials and Tools:
pneumatic flooring nail gun
quarter-round shoe molding
1. Take measurements of the area where the new flooring will be installed.
2. Before laying down your new flooring, install the underlay pad. Do not overlap pads; this will create an uneven floor.
3. Put on protective eyewear.
4. Place the bamboo flooring along the most prominent wall. Lay the flooring with a 1/4-inch clearance along all walls. Use 1/4-inch spacers if needed.
5. Lay bamboo flooring away from the wall, staggering the boards.
6. Use a mallet and the rubber tapping block to secure the boards together.
7. Nail the boards in place using a pneumatic flooring nailer. Align the nailer next to the newly set row of floorboards and release. This allows the nails to attach the boards at an angle, so the nail holes will not be seen on the surface.
8. Once the entire flooring is in place, reinstall the baseboard molding.
9. To cover expansion gaps along the wall, install quarter-round shoe molding at the bottom of the baseboard.