Power steamers make wallpaper removal a breeze and can be rented from most tool-equipment rental companies.
Sometimes a few simple updates can make a bathroom feel brand new. Removing old wallpaper and repainting will take the better part of a weekend, but the project won't cost a lot and the results can be spectacular. Wallpaper-removal steamers can be rented from most tool-equipment rental companies.
Materials and Tools:
1. Remove medicine cabinets, towel bars and light fixtures from the wall.
2. As a precaution, turn off power at the breaker box for the room where you're working.
3. Prep the steamer as per the manufacturer's instructions – filling it with water, plugging it in and allowing it to warm up.
4. Put on gloves and safety glasses and start steaming. Hold the steamer in place about 30 to 40 seconds to make sure the steam is penetrating through the glue.
5. Steam a section at a time and pull and scrape off the wallpaper as you go.
6. Switch to a smaller attachment to get into tight spaces.
7. Give the walls a day to dry then come back and fill holes and smooth rough areas.
8. Prime and paint walls as desired.