Alice Fakier, an HGTV Design Star finalist, shows how to make a roller shade -- no sewing necessary.
- The spray adhesive works fast. Be sure to get all your wrinkles out immediately, or you’ll be stuck with a wrinkly shade.
Materials and Tools:
roller shade (Magic Fit - Amazon.com
2 yards of fabric (yellow background rich floral, item #3332 - Milling Around)
decorator trim (red, green, gold acorn fringe, item #2381 - Milling Around)
spray adhesive ( Hobby Lobby)
adhesive tape (Tesa clear double sided emblem adhesive tape - Caddo Paint)
shade hardware (Newell Wind - Lowe's)
1. Go to a highly ventilated area for this first step. Lay your fabric out and spray with your adhesive. Spray about 6– 8 inches away. Be sure to use your painter's mask for this step.
2. Carefully lay your fabric on top of the roller. Crease any wrinkles out.
3. Back at your workspace, grab your scissors and cut the fabric along the edge of the shade.
4. Roll your shade back up.
5. Measure your trim along the bottom edge of the shade, leaving a little room on both sides.
6. Measure out the appropriate length for your double sided adhesive tape.
7. Press your tape into place and peel off the top layer.
8. Carefully press your trim onto the tape.
9. Tuck the trim on each side to hide the seam.