Try these tips for dressing up dining-room chairs for parties or just for kicks.
Give ordinary dining-room chairs a whole new look with easy-to-make chair covers made from leftover fabrics, pillowcases and even T-shirts.
Here’s a plan for making a no-sew chair cover:
Materials and Tools:
1. Measure the back of the chair, from the top of the chair to just short of the floor.
2. Measure the front, starting at the top and going down to the seat cushion and then measuring along the seat and down to the floor.
3. Add all measurements together, allowing 1 1/2 inches for seam allowance. Measure the width of the chair, and cut a piece of fabric to the specifications you’ve come up with.
4. Make hems on the edges of the cover by turning the edges of the fabric under and securing with fabric glue.
5. Glue a piece of ribbon onto the slipcover.
6. Position the cover and secure to the chair with the ribbons.
Here are more ideas for dressing up your dining-room chairs: